Monday, June 28, 2010

Internship Culture

From Kate:

In the two weeks that I have interned I have written many articles and comments regarding marketing and search engine optimization. It was a topic that I did not know much about before I began this internship, but between researching and writing articles about this subject I have gained a greater understanding. The people at my internship are fabulous and very nice. On my first day, they made me feel very welcome. The office atmosphere is a little different than what I am used to, but it definitely has its perks. The office is silent from the time that I walk in the door until I leave everyday. People communicate via instant messenger or e-mail. Many people in our office of 10 (this number includes myself) listen to music while they work. I enjoy the quiet as it prevents a lot of distractions, but sometimes I do miss the person-to-person communication that I am used to. I do not know if this is a cultural thing or if it is specific to my office. But, I am very thankful to have the opportunity to work/intern in China as it gives me different view of the culture--one that I would not have had if I had not been able to work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment